Monday, May 17, 2010

Isnt it funny?....

      Its funny, I went to a show last night, and there were soo many different types of people there. Some older, many younger, some with peircings and head banger hair, others clean cut and dressed up. 

     My favorite part  about music, is just that. It brings so many different people from such diverse walks of life, to a crowded bar, stadium, or feild and everyone is inertwind by the constant pulsations of the bass and drums...and are connected through lyrics and sweat. ahhh...live music is like the heartbeat of creativity. It takes every ounce of energy to create, and can touch so many lives in a five minute song. Oh how I wish I could create that way. I am and always will be indebted to all the musicians and lyricists out there. You have helped me through some of the toughest times, and contributed to some of the best times in my life. Songs are what can link the past to present. They are what can bring back memories and feelings that you may want to forget, or hold onto forever. I know that when I fall in love the infamous "our song" will be the most significant song to me. One that I want to live on in my heart forever :) Music is what connects people. Its something that can be shared no matter where you are, or where you're from. 

    One summer, when I was 18 my closest friends and I decided that we were going to have the best and most exciting summer EVERRR!!!. So we decided that we were going to do every single thing in the Ataris song, "In this Diary"...it was the best summer we ever had. there is a line that has stayed with me as I grow up,

Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up:
These are the best days of our lives.
The only thing that matters
is just following your heart
and eventually you'll finally get it right. 
 Its an anthem that I will never forget, and always live by...one that will help me remember the best summer ever. :) That my friend, is the reason music is so profound. It is a memoir that we wouldnt of been able to create for ourselves, but when a song comes on the radio or ipod, and all those feelings of jubilance and youth come fluttering back we are reminded of where weve come from and where we aspire to be.


Sealed with a kiss,
X

2 comments:

  1. Songs are what can link the past to present.
    so true! its crazy how a song can totally take you back in time and explain something about your now

    ReplyDelete
  2. " They are what can bring back memories and feelings that you may want to forget, or hold onto forever."
    I like this because it is very true. It's when you hear a song and it takes you back to when and what you were doing in the past. Happens to me all the time lol

    ReplyDelete